Crafting an Intentional Life
A BLISSFUL 3-WEEK ADVENTURE TO AWAKEN YOUR HEART
November 1 - November 21, 2016
BENEFITS OF CRAFTING AN INTENTIONAL LIFE…
- Bring more joy, passion, and creativity into your life
- Learn to listen to yourself + trust your inner voice
- Let go of old, unhelpful, internalized messages telling you what you 'should' be doing with your life
- Gain courage to face big life changes with a calm heart
- Release physical + emotional clutter
- Find joy in your imperfect life, right now
- Dream big + bold...and set amazing plans in motion
- Develop intention-setting rituals and routines to check in with your intentions throughout the year
WHAT IS YOUR HEART'S DESIRE?
A rich, fulfilling, passionate life doesn't just happen, it's crafted. In this 3-week e-course, we will be giving ourselves the gift of a 'sacred pause' in the midst of our busy lives to reflect on where we are and where we've been, tune into what our hearts are telling us we need more of (and less of), and craft intentions for the path ahead. From the aerial view to the macro-detail, we will be examining all of the facets that make up our lives...challenging assumptions, broadening our minds, and allowing ourselves to dream wild and free.
who this course is for:
- If you have big dreams and goals, but they just seem to get swallowed up in the day-to-day busyness of life, this course can help you reset your priorities and make time for what matters to you
- If you're at a natural transition point (graduating, beginning a new career, becoming a parent, becoming an empty-nester...) this course can help you use this moment to spark positive change in other areas in your life
- And if you're not really sure what you want out of life, this course can be a lovely way to begin a reflective journey of self-discovery
TOPICS we'll cover include:
- The importance (and how-to) of taking a sacred pause
- Challenging deep-seated assumptions about what can (or cannot) be changed in our lives
- Living a heart-centered life with integrity
- Assessing "big picture" stuff: where you are, who you’re with, and what you do...and assessing the "little things" too
- Rekindling childhood dreams
- Refilling your creative well
- Learning about what depletes and drains you
- Creating your home with intention
- Intentional money practices
- Taking on big changes slowly and thoughtfully
what you get:
- Daily lessons delivered right to your inbox, with breathing space over the weekends
- Weekly podcasts to inspire + encourage you to dig deeper
- A downloadable, printable course workbook + journal filled with juicy questions and prompts to begin crafting your intentional life
- A private Facebook group (totally optional) where we can connect and share our progress, insights, and challenges, and support and encourage one another!
- A PDF ebook containing all of the lessons from the course
WEEK 1: filling your well
In week one, we introduce the idea of taking a ‘sacred pause’ from the regular flow of life. We will look at what brings you joy, nourishes you, and fills up your creative well…as well as what depletes your energy and enthusiasm. We will begin some practices right away to start “filling your well”!
WEEK 2: orienteering
This week we crack ourselves open and challenge our thoughts about some of the bigger-picture parts of our lives that can seem like they can't be changed. We will look at where you are (geographic location + living space), who you’re with (relationships), and what you do (career/work, how you spend your time); and explore the idea of living a heart-centered life.
week 3: forging your path
Our final week will focus on putting into practice all you have been learning and reflecting on...from creating an intentional home to finding meaningful work, setting intentions as a parent and partner, travel dreams, and more. We will also look at intention-setting rituals and routines to incorporate daily or weekly, as well as seasonal and yearly check-ins to reassess how your life is aligning with your intentions.
questions and answers
Q: Do I need to ‘show up’ online at a certain time each day?
A: No. While you can expect new lessons to land in your inbox each weekday, this course is self-paced, so you get to decide when you would like to read the lessons, listen to the podcasts, and so on.
Q: What do I need?
A: Access to a computer, and an email account are the only things you really need. If you would like to participate in the private Facebook group, you will also need a Facebook account, but this is optional. The Crafting an Intentional Life Facebook group will be our online gathering space where you can connect with other students, but if you prefer not to join, you can always respond to your lesson emails — these go directly to me, and I am always happy to respond!
Q: What will I get out of this course?
A: As much as you are willing to put in! If you show up with your whole heart and mind open, try some of the workbook activities, and generally give it your all, what you can get out of this course is a better sense of your self, your passion and purpose, and begin taking steps towards living a heart-centered life.
Q: How much time should I plan to invest each week?
A: An hour or two each week should be enough time to read through the lessons, interact with classmates in the Facebook group (if you wish), and dip into the course workbook or get started with some of the suggested activities.
Q: How will the Facebook group work? What if I’m feeling a little shy about posting?
A: The Crafting an Intentional Life Facebook group is a private group only for the members of this course. Once you are registered for the course, you will be given a link to our Facebook group, where you can request access to the group (I must approve and add members manually, so please allow a day or two for your request to go through). I personally monitor the group to ensure that it is a safe, welcoming, and encouraging space for all. This can be a lovely space to connect with others who are working on the same issues, share photos or thoughts, and ask questions. Of course, you don’t have to post in the group if you don’t want to — being a fly on the wall can be enlightening, too! And perhaps after a week of observing, you will feel comfortable enough to dive in.
Q: The course fees are listed in dollars — do you accept payment in other currencies?
A: Yes! Students from around the world are welcome. Your currency will automatically be converted when you pay.