Happy weekend, friends! I came across the photo below when I was cleaning out my digital photos, and it made me swoon a little for our old cottage back in Providence. We had finally painted the porch floor white! And hung new house numbers, replaced the mailbox, and put up new porch lights. I mean of course it finally looked utterly charming when it was time to sell it and move away, because ... well, isn't that always the case?! But I clearly remember savoring those last weekends on our front porch, sipping lemonade and reading my way through a stack of fresh magazines while Bixby did sidewalk paint or rode his scooter up and down the sidewalk. It was one of those times I will always look back on and feel all warm and fuzzy inside....
And speaking of Bixby, this weekend we are off to Big Sur, the home of Bixby's namesake ... the Bixby bridge! Yep, that's right, we named our child after a bridge. Of course it's not just any old bridge; it happens to be located in one of the world's most gobsmackingly beautiful places, and because it's on the way to our favorite place to camp, crossing the Bixby creek bridge has always signaled to me that we have arrived. So while we are enjoying a weekend in nature-induced bliss, I wanted to leave you with a few fun links to follow:
You may have missed (things I have written elsewhere)...
- Let's go to Paris in the spring! Le sigh
- How to store your clothes
- Refresh your home for spring
- 5 ideas for choosing + hanging art
- How to style a kitchen you'll love to spend time in
And a few more links, just for fun...
- My friend Sarah is on Design Mom!
- AND my friend Christine's book just launched: Icy Creamy Healthy Sweet (nom!)
- I'm writing a story partially set during the 1906 earthquake: these photos are amazing
- 3 DIY cleaning recipes
- A beautiful tiny home company
- Root & Star children's magazine looks delightful
- I have my eye on a few of these Brainstorm art prints
- I want everything from this shop
And p.s., I have decided to leave registration open for the Mindful Clutter Clearing e-course through the weekend, so in case anyone has been on the fence, you can still join us! With 6 whole weeks of class (and continued class access after the 6 weeks is up) we are just getting warmed up!